CONTACT US

guida ufficiale della Provincia di Pavia

Church Of Santa Maria Del Carmine

The church of Santa Maria del Carmine has a magnificent Latin Cross floor plan, still with a Romanesque influence but conceived in the soaring style of Lombard Gothic, with a high bell tower and gloriously tall pinnacles. It was begun in 1374 by Bernardo da Venezia, engineer at the court of Gian Galeazzo Visconti. The church preserves numerous superb frescoes, a fine sacristy with a grey granite piscina and eighteenth-century furnishings, the elegant cloister in the adjacent Carmelite convent (now home to the Taramelli secondary school).

Piazza del Carmine - Pavia

038227357
carmine@parrocchie.diocesi.pavia.it
www.chiesadelcarminepavia.it,www.diocesi.pavia.it,www.paviaturismo.it