The church of Santa Maria delle Cacce (Saint Mary of the Hunt) was probably founded by king Ragimperto, who reigned for only one year in 700 and his daughter Epifania. The building was considerably altered during restoration work in 1935. Of the ancient basilica it is still possible to see a column with a Corinthian capital from the period of the late Roman Empire, set within the wall. In the crypt, with triapsidal plan, a style prevalent in the thirteenth century in other churches in Pavia, it is possible to see more evident traces of the Longobard era.
Via Antonio Giovanni Scopoli - Pavia www.paviaedintorni.it/