Terme di Rivanazzano
Pools, a spa, a fitness centre, a bar-cafeteria and hotel rooms for guests who wish to spend a few extra days at the facility
In the past, the valley excavated by the Stàffora torrent was
a major stretch of the old Lombard Salt Road, and also touched Rivanazzano, among other villages of the Pavia province.
Today that road is no longer used by convoys of mules loaded with what was considered the "white gold". Expert hikers now walk through this trail, while those who are more into less demanding walks usually opt for the Castello di Nazzano, a castle built around year 1000 on a hill dominating the valley.
Walkers, therefore, may choose from a number of options. If your preference is for relaxation, then all you need to do is spend time at the spa. The Terme di Rivanazzano spa complex, inaugurated in 1913, is fed from the Pozzo Terme and Pozzo San Francesco sources.
Over time, it has developed into a fully equipped facility. After its renovation in 2012, it now includes a specialist ward for outpatients and another ward for conventional treatments (muds, inhalations, baths and hot tubs). Recent add-ons include innovative spa services, a gym hall, a bar and a cafeteria.
Guests can spend relaxing moments in its thermal pool – where lights and colours enhance the beneficial and pleasant effects of water – or enjoy a nice massage by an artificial waterfall system, or a system of underwater jets. Take advantage of a Turkish bath and a Finnish sauna, get some refreshment from an atomised water shower, invigorate legs through a vascular circuit, or work out in a fully equipped gym hall. Tame appetite, drink a centrifuged juice, eat a salad with local products, a snack or a yogurt and finally sip a herbal tea.
What if you feel so good that you do not want to leave? No worries, our guests can stay as much as they want in our complex. We offer accommodation for stays of any duration (even more than one month) in single-room or two-room studios with finely furnished and smartly decorated interiors, where you can relax… with style.
5 REASONS TO CHOOSE OLTREPÒ PAVESE AREA
- The symbol of Rivanazzano is its tall and slim pentagonal tower (Torre pentagonale) erected in Piazza Cornaggia. With its unequal façades, it is a unique example of 14th and 15th century art in the Pavia province.
- Among places worth visiting is a gothic Palazzo Comunale (town hall) with a pointed arch and a clock tower, and the Parrocchiale di San Germano, a 17th century parish church.
- A castle once inhabited by the Malaspina family is also open to visits at the Nazzano municipal district, on the top of a hill dominating the Stàffora valley.
- About 10 km away is the Eremo di Sant'Alberto a Butrio, a hermitage founded in 1030 in the Ponte Nizza municipality – which will raise visitors’ interest for its silent cloister, 15th century frescoes and a view on the hills.
- To discover the local cuisine, follow the food and wine itinerary of the Strada del Vino e dei Sapori dell'Oltrepò Pavese (www.viniesaporidilombardia.it)