- Religious Tourism
- Art & Culture
Santa Croce abbey - Mortara
The Santa Croce abbey was instead the church of Ordine Mortariense
The Santa Croce abbey was instead the church of Ordine Mortariense, built in the year one thousand outside of the village walls and rebuilt in 1596 by the project of Pellegrino Tibaldi, il Pellegrino, an architect who painted even the Almo Collegio Borromeo of Pavia, among the most patriarch of capital. As far as the restoration of Santa Croce concerns, the historians indicate the relic of the mold of the Redentore’s foot on Carrara marble, visible in the pilaster between the first and second chapel of the only aisle to the left that makes up the inside of the church.